- Cutting for Stone (Abraham Verghese) will be discussed by the Reflections on Reading interest group at 7pm, Thursday, September 8, at the home of the hostess.
- Mary Clare Jakes, president of the Waukegan Main Street organization, will speak about the Artspace development in the former Karcher Hotel. Come learn about this exciting project at the general meeting and potluck brunch, to be held at 9:30am, Saturday, September 10, at the Gurnee Police Facility (Washington & O'Plaine). All Waukegan Area Branch general meetings are open to the public.
- The At the Movies interest group will discuss the documentary film Catfish at 7pm, Monday, September 12, at the home of the hostess.
- The Book Review interest group will meet at the home of the hostess at 1pm, Thursday, September 15.
Jane Addams Birthday Celebration
Saturday, September 17, 10am - 2pm
Cedarville Historical Society
$20 (includes lunch)
- Native American Culture will be discussed at the 7pm, Tuesday, September 27, meeting of the Travelogue interest group.