- Sue Monk Kidd's historical novel The Invention of Wings will be discussed at the Reflections on Reading meeting. The group will meet at 7pm, Thursday, October 2.
- This month's gathering of At the Movies will be 7pm, Monday, October 6, when the film Philomena (2013) will be discussed.
- Sponsored by the Illinois Humanities Council, re-enactor Joe Bean will present his program Adlai! at the branch general meeting to be held at 7pm, Tuesday, October 14, at the Gurnee Police Facility community room. As always, this meeting is open to the public. Hope you will be able to join us!
- The branch board will meet at 7pm, Thursday, October 23.
Northern Fall Conference
9:00am - noon
Saturday, October 25
Oakton Community College (Entrance 37, Room 1610)
1600 E. Golf Road, Des Plaines, IL 60016
Guest Speaker: Mark Hopkins, AAUW Chief Strategic Officer
- Paris and southern France will be discussed at the 7pm, Tuesday, October 28, Travelogue interest group meeting.