Monday, March 12, 2012
The Waukegan Area Branch of AAUW now has a Facebook page.
You can use the link on the left column of this blog to get there.
We hope that you will LIKE us. Share our page on your page so that we will be able to get our message out to more people.
Thursday, March 1, 2012
Flames of Injustice: The Triangle Factory Fire's Legacy
1:00pm, Saturday, March 3
Grace Place Community Center, 637 S. Dearborn, Chicago
$10...tickets at the door
- At the Movies interest group will discuss the 2010 French film Of Gods and Men at 7pm, Monday, March 5, at the home of the hostess.
I N T E R N A T I O N A L W O M E N ' S D A Y
Thursday, March 8
Fair - 10:30am; Luncheon - noon
Union League Club, 65 W. Jackson, Chicago
$65 check payable to "AAUW Chicago," mailed to
2746 W. Morse Avenue, Chicago, IL 60645
- Tracy Chevalier's historical novel Remarkable Creatures will be discussed by the Reflections on Reading interest group at 7pm, Thursday, March 8, at the Gurnee Panera.
LAKE COUNTY WOMEN'S COALITON
Women's History Month Event
9:30am, Saturday, March 10
State Bank of the Lakes, 50 Commerce Drive, Grayslake
$5.00, payable at the door
- A discussion of the PBS documentary If Women Ran the World will be led by retired College of Lake County professor Liz Pirman at this month's Waukegan Area Branch general meeting. The event will be at 9:30am, Saturday, March 10, at St. Lawrence Episcopal Church, 125 W. Church Street, Libertyville, and includes a continental breakfast. Donations towards a local food bank will be accepted. As usual, this meeting is open to the public.
- The Exploring Culture interest group will attend the opening matinee of Palmer Place at Clockwise Theatre, Waukegan, on 3pm, Sunday, March 18. The group plans to lunch at Fiamico (corner of Sheridan & Grand) at 1:30pm. For further info/reservations, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org .
Illinois Primary Elections
Tuesday, March 20
- The branch board will meet at 7pm, Thursday, March 22, at the home of the hostess.
- A trip to Thailand & Cambodia will be highlighted at the 7pm, Tuesday, March 27, meeting of the Travelogue interest group at the home of the hostess.