Tuesday, October 17, 2017
Sunday, October 1, 2017
- The At the Movies interest group will discuss the 2015 film Truth at 7pm, Monday, October 2.
- Author Lisa Genova's novel Still Alice will be discussed by the Reflections on Reading interest group at 1pm, Thursday, October 5.
- Join us at our 7pm, Tuesday, October 17, general meeting at the Gurnee Police Facility community room. Speaker/museum curator Elizabeth Carlson's topic will be "Speaking of Unmentionables: The Rise and Fall of Women's Underwear."
Northern Fall Conference
Saturday, October 21
Illinois Institute of Technology Rice Campus
201 E. Loop Road
- The Travelogue interest group will see photos of New Zealand's north & south islands as well as parts of Sydney and the Great Barrier Reef at the 7pm, Tuesday, October 24, meeting.
- The branch board will meet on Thursday, October 26, at 7pm.
Friday, September 1, 2017
- The Reflections on Reading interest group will meet at 1pm, Thursday, September 7, to discuss Amor Towles' novel A Gentleman in Moscow. Books and hostesses for the coming year will also be discussed.
- Join us at the WAB general meeting/potluck brunch at 9:30am, Saturday, September 9, at the Gurnee Police Facility community room (Washington Street & O'Plaine Road). Our speaker will be Lisa Cherry of AAUW-IL, Inc, and the Gender Equity Fund. Cherry's topic will be The Simple Truth about the Gender Pay Gap. Come to learn, socialize, and, of course, eat
- The 2016 film 20th Century Woman will be discussed by the At the Movies interest group at 7pm, Monday, September 11.
- Plans for the coming year will be made at the Travelogue interest group's 7pm, Tuesday, September 26, meeting.
- The branch board will meet at on Thursday, September 28, at 7pm.
Saturday, July 1, 2017
Our branch president
attended the AAUW convention
in Washington, D.C.
and was part of the Lobby Corps!
Our activities slow a bit during summer months, but members continue to contact elected officials.
Plans for 2017-18 activities are being made. It will be another active, interesting year.
Enjoy the summer!
Saturday, June 3, 2017
WAB members attended
the AAUW-IL, Inc., Convention
- The Reflections on Reading interest group meets this month at 1pm, Thursday, June 1. Members are encouraged to give brief summaries of books to be considered for next year's choices. A book for September will be selected.
- Chicago's Pullman Village Tour will be the destination of the Exploring Culture interest group on Sunday, June 4, at 1:30pm. The 90-minute tour costs $10 for adults, $7 for seniors/students. Learn more at http://pullmanil.org/tours.htm.
- The film Secrets and Lies will be discussed by the At the Movies interest group at 7pm, Monday, June 5.
AAUW Waukegan Area Branch
Summer Luncheon & Silent Auction
11am, Tuesday, June 13
Wedgewood Banquet Center
at Midlane Golf Resort
4555 W. Yorkhouse Road
$20 per person
Wednesday, May 3, 2017
- The At the Movies interest group discusses the film Eye in the Sky (2015) at its Monday, May 1 meeting.
- William Kent Krueger's novel Ordinary Grace will be discussed by the Reflections on Reading interest group at its Thursday, May 4 meeting.
- Join the Waukegan Area Branch at its 7pm, Tuesday, May 9, meeting at the Gurnee Police Facility community room. Andrea Stillman will portray Florence Nightingale, "The Lady with the Lamp."
- The Travelogue interest group will meet for it annual pot luck supper on Tuesday, May 23.
- The branch board will meet on Thursday, May 25.
Members of the Waukegan Area Branch
enjoyed the AAUW Scholars Brunch
at Lambs Farm
Monday, April 10, 2017
- Tangerines (2015) will be discussed by the At the Movies interest group at 7pm, Monday, April 3.
- Join the Equal Pay Day rally at noon, Tuesday, April 4, at Daley Plaza in Chicago!
- The Reflections on Reading interest group will meet at 1pm, Thursday, April 6, to discuss The Kitchen House by Kathleen Grissom.
- The Deerfield and Waukegan Area Branches of AAUW-IL, Inc., are hosting the annual Educational Opportunities Fund Brunch with Fellows at 11am, Saturday, April 8, at Lambs Farm in Libertyville. Come hear grant recipients. Cost is $22.
- With the Lake County Bar Association, the Lake County League of Women Voters, WAB is co-sponsoring a panel discussion on The Justice Initiative at the North Shore Unitarian Church, 2100 Half Day Road, Deerfield. The 2pm, Sunday, April 9 event is free and open to the public.
- The Travelogue interest group will hear about a Danube River cruise at its 7pm, Thursday, April 25, get-together.
- The branch board will meet on Thursday, April 27, at 7pm.
Monday, March 13, 2017
- The Reflections on Reading interest group meets this month at 1pm, Thursday, March 2, to discuss the historical novel The Hamilton Affair by Elizabeth Cobbs.
- Betsey Means will portray Mother Jones at the Lake County Women's Coalition event at Bonnie Brook Golf Club, Saturday morning, March 4. Local scholarship recipients will be presented at this annual fundraising gala.
- The film Learning to Drive will be discussed by the At the Movies interest group at 7pm, Monday, March 6.
- The WAB general meeting - 7pm, Tuesday, March 14, Gurnee Police Facility Community Room - will feature a panel of local office holders discussing "All Politic Is Local." As always, the general meeting is open to the public. Hope you can make it!
- With the League of Women Voters of Lake County, WAB is co-sponsoring two forums:
*Sunday, March 19, 3pm, Park Place Senior Center, Waukegan...Waukegan mayoral candidates
- The branch board will meet on Thursday, March 23, at 7pm.
- China will be highlighted at the 7pm, Tuesday, March 28, meeting of the Travelogue interest group.
Wednesday, February 1, 2017
- "Ingenuity & Creativity & Grit" is the title of our 7pm, Tuesday, February 14, general meeting at the Gurnee Police Facility community room. Two branch members will talk about their Peace Corps experiences. This meeting is open to the public. Hope you can make it!
- The branch board will meet at 7pm, Thursday, February 23.
- Cruising New England and Eastern Canada will be the topic of the Travelogue interest group at its 7pm, Tuesday, February 28, meeting.
Waukegan Area Branch members
enjoyed the recent
AAUW-IL District 5
Note: a member made the quilt
to raise money for AAUW Funds
Tuesday, January 24, 2017
HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Welcome to the AAUW Waukegan Area blog. Here you can learn a bit about who we are and what we do. Please contact us at email@example.com with any questions/comments.
Also, follow us at http://Facebook.com/aauwwaukeganareabranch .
- The branch board will meet at 7pm, Thursday, January 26.
AAUW-IL District 5
34th Annual Networking Luncheon
Saturday, January 28
Deerfield Embassy Suites
Guest Speaker: Kerry Lester (AP & Daily Herald columnist)