- Little Bee, by Chris Cleave, will be discussed by the Reflections on Reading interest at 1pm, Thursday, March 3, at the home of the hostess.
MARCH 8~~INTERNATIONAL WOMEN'S DAY
- Celebrate International Women's Day at the fair and luncheon Tuesday, March 8, at the Union League Club, 65 W. Jackson, Chicago. Be sure to check out the AAUW table. Find more info at http://www.chicagowomensday.org/.
- Grace Is Gone (2007) is the film that will be discussed at 7pm, Tuesday, March 7, by the At the Movies interest group at the home of the hostess.
- Several Lost Boys of Sudan will tell their remarkable story at the AAUW Waukegan Area Branch general meeting, Saturday, March 12, at St. Lawrence Episcopal Church, 125 W. Church Street, Libertyville. This meeting is co-sponsored by the AAUW Deerfield Area Branch and two chapters of Delta Kappa Gamma. The presentation will take place after a 9:30am potluck brunch. As always, this general meeting is open to the public. For information on projects sponsored by Lost Boys, visit www.sudanesecommunitycenter.org or http://www.helpsudaninternational.org/ or http://www.abekcommunityusa.com/ or http://www.aycda.org/.
- The Book Review interest group will meet at 1pm, Thursday, March 17, at the home of the hostess.
- When the Travelogue interest group meets at 7pm, Tuesday, March 22, a program about National Parks of Utah will be presented by a branch member at the home of the hostess.
- The branch board will meet at 7pm, Thursday, March 24, at the home of the hostess.
- WABAAUW will honor a member at the Lake County Women's Coalition Women's History Month Event--Our History Is Our Strength--9am, Saturday, March 26, at the State Bank of the Lakes, 50 Commerce Drive, Grayslake. For more information, go to http://www.lakecountywomen.org/.