- The Thirteenth Tale, by Diane Setterfield, will be discussed by the Reflections of Reading interest group at 7pm, Thursday, March 4, at the home of the hostess.
AAUW is celebrating International Women's Day with CARE. Join women all over the country at 7:30pm, Thursday, March 4, in a movie theatre near you--for example, Marcus Cinema at Gurnee Mills--to view Half the Sky LIVE. Learn about the movement to empower women in the fight against global poverty. More info at http://www.halftheskylive.com/.
International Women's Day
Luncheon & Fair
10:30am, Monday, March 8
Union League Club
65 W. Jackson
Speaker: Maryn McKenna
- Geraldine L. Obermann, PhD, will speak at the branch general meeting Tuesday, March 9, at 7pm, at the Waukegan Public Library. Obermann is the Great Lakes regional coordinator for the National Girls Collaborative Project and will share ideas about promoting STEM (science, technology, engineering, and mathematics) for girls and women.
AAUW Scholars Brunch
11am, Saturday, March 13
Rts. 176 and IL-294
Speakers: 4 grant recipients, PhD level
- Join members of the Lake County Women's Coalition at the State Bank of the Lakes, 50 Commerce Street, Grayslake, at 9am, Saturday, March 20, to celebrate Women's History Month. Honorees will be women who served in World War II. Find out more at http://www.lakecountywomen.org/.
- The Travelogue interest group will meet at 7pm, Tuesday, March 23, at the home of the hostess to hear a member tell about her trip to Australia.
- The branch board meeting will be 7pm, Thursday, March 25, at the home of the hostess.